Amazon s3 plug-in
Amazon S3 plug-in allows backup to and from the Amazon S3 cloud storage. That storage uses the "bucket" principle: it is like a virtual folder with a name and a key. To get an access to Amazon S3, you must have an Amazon S3 account.
To make a backup, do the following:
- Select Backup task in New Task Wizard.
- Click on the Amazon S3 option in the Cloud group on Step 2 of New Task Wizard.
- In the new window, click Create a connection, or select it and then click OK.
- Set up Amazon S3 Access settings.
- Access key. Enter your Amazon S3 access key (take this from your Amazon S3 account).
- Secret key. Enter your Amazon S3 secret key (take this from your Amazon S3 account).
Note: If you want to create a new account during connection setup, please just click the "Create an account" button to do it. A browser window will open for Amazon S3 setup page. Follow the website instructions to create a new bucket. (Obviously, this action has no use for backup from Amazon S3!)
- Click OK to return to the plug-in window. You will see the list of data stored on your chosen Amazon S3 bucket.
- Check the boxes against names of files or folders that you plan to back up. When you finish, click OK and return to the Step 2.
- Continue creating a backup task as usual. No other step will be specific by any way for backing up from Amazon S3.
To backup to Amazon S3, choose it as a destination on the Step 3 of a new task wizard. This is a very simple action.
Note: If you still have no configuration for your preferred Amazon S3 bucket, click on the "Create a connection…" string and enter the parameters for appropriate bucked, as described above.
- At this step, creating a new Amazon S3 account is a viable solution! Just click the "Create an account" button and follow the Amazon S3 website instructions to make a new bucket for storing your backups!
After choosing a configuration for being a backup destination, select a folder in your bucket to store backups, then click OK and continue creating a backup task as usual. There are no any specific limitations or options to back up to Amazon S3.
To restore data from Amazon S3, create a new restoration task. Then follow the next instruction:
- On the Step 2, select "Amazon S3" as the backup storage. Choose an appropriate connection.
- On the connected bucket, find a folder containing your backup data.
- Select a file backup.hbi, which contains all necessary restoring information, and click "Next".
If you need to change data destination, click at the "Change location" button.Continue creating a task as described in the User Manual.
- Choose a place to restore your backup from Amazon S3.
Tags: Amazon S3 Backup.
User Manual contents