S3 Cloud Plug-in
Handy Backup contains S3 cloud plug-in. The S3 plugin allows storing data to and from any storage that supports the S3 protocol (example Wasabi Cloud, IBM cloud, etc.).
To make a backup from an S3-driven cloud, do the following:
- Select backup task in New Task Wizard.
- Click on the S3 Cloud plug-in in the Cloud group on the Step 2.
- In the new window, click Create a connection option.
- Set up the access settings to an S3 storage:
- Server name. Enter here a name of an S3 storage server.
- Access key. Enter your S3 access key (according to your particular S3 storage account).
- Secret key. Enter your S3 secret key (again, from your S3 account).
- Test your connection if you want to do it. Then click OK to return to the plug-in window. You will see the list of data stored on your selected S3 storage bucket.
- Check the boxes against names of different files or folders that you plan to back up. When finishing, click OK and return to the Step 2.
- Continue creating a backup task as usual. No other step will be specific for backup from S3.
To back up to some S3 storage, choose it as a destination on the Step 3 of a new task wizard. This is a very simple action.
Note: If you still have no configuration for your particular S3 storage, double-click on the "Create a connection..." string and enter the parameters for an appropriate bucket, as described above.
After completing a configuration for an S3 backup destination, please select a folder in your bucket to store your backups, and then click OK to continue creating a backup task. There are no any specific limitations or options to back up to S3-driven storages.
To restore your backups from an S3 cloud, please create a new recovery task as described above (just select a restoration task type on the Step 1). Then follow the next sequence of actions:
- On the Step 2, select S3 Cloud as backup storage. Choose an appropriate connection by name.
- On the connected S3 bucket, find a folder that contains your backup data.
- Select a file called backup.hbi, with all necessary data for restoration. Click Next.
- Choose a place to restore your backup data from an S3 service.
Continue creating a recovery task, as described in the User Manual.
- If you need to change data destination, click at the "Change location" button.
- Select a new destination for your restored dataset, and then click OK.
User Manual contents