New Versions of Server and Web Access editions!
July 28, 2009
In version 6.3 we have made substantial improvements to internal architecture of Handy Backup and Handy Backup Server Network, which made them fast and stable as never before. The most significant changes are as follows:
- Handy Backup became much faster and more resource-friendly: now it can perform backup tasks of 1 million files and more, with moderate PC memory consumption.
Version 8.3.5, built on May 6, 2022. 111 MB
Backup Software from Novosoft LLC. 39 USD per license.
Download easy yet full-featured backup utility for any Windows environment! Free 30-days trial version!
- We have created Handy Backup Console Client (comes in the installation folder as hbcc.exe) which can be used to launch, stop or delete tasks through the use of command line interface. To learn more, please see Command Line in the User Manual.
- Handy Backup is slowly (but surely) becoming compatible with 64-bit platforms. Version 6.3.0 passed tests of files-based backup in various modes and made first steps to compatibility of advanced plug-ins (see below).
- MS SQL Server Backup plug-in has been tested and proven to work with 64-bit platforms. So, now we support 32- and 64-bit versions of MS SQL 7.0, 2000, 2005 and 2008 running under 32- and 64-bit versions of Windows 2008/2003 Server or Vista/XP/2000.
- There are many other enhancements and fixes related to Outlook Backup and DB2 Backup plug-ins, graphical interface, and much more...
Also, we have released a new version of Handy Backup Web Access which is now more stable and secure. Note: The new version of Web Access is not compatible with Handy Backup 6.2.5 and earlier, so it is highly recommended to update both programs to the latest version.